Grow Great Dahlias Hands-On Workshop – Spring 2024
At Sea Change Farm
340 Queens Highway, Accord NY
Spring 2024 date TBD
Do you love dahlias–but don’t know where to start with adding them to your garden? We can help you feel confident growing these gorgeous plants yourself!
In this hands-on workshop at our flower farm, you’ll build all the skills you need to be successful at growing your own dahlias.
We will teach you how to:
- recognize a viable dahlia tuber
- choose a good spot for dahlia plants
- plant dahlia tubers in the ground or in a container
- properly support dahlia plants
- pinch dahlia plants to increase flowering stems
- fertilize and water dahlia plants
We’ll send you home with a printed-out cheat sheet, as well as a dahlia tuber to get you started in your own garden!
The Fine Print:
- Wear farm-appropriate outdoor clothing: close-toed shoes, pants, a hat, sunscreen, weather-appropriate clothes that you are ok getting muddy, and gardening gloves.
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable, but they can be transferred to a friend!
- We reserve the right to reschedule this workshop in the case of severe weather.
- We will be working outdoors, so masks are optional. Though we reserve the right to change our minds about this particular rule as the situation allows. Please do not attend if you suspect you may have covid-19.
Out of stock